Old 26-08-2010, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default tree branch identification?

illius wrote:
I know this is an odd question, and I am not sure if it belongs in this
section. But can anyone identify what tree this branch came from. I have
a stack of it in my yard that a friend gave me but have no clue what it
is. My guess would be cherry wood? It has redish-like bark, and under
the bark is a layer of brownish, under that layer is a yellowish color
and under that is a whiter color of wood. Anybody have an idea of what
it is? I basically need to know if it is toxic or not. Thanks.

This is too difficult to identify with any certainty from a photo.
I wouldn't use it for smoking unless you know for certain what it is.
Ask your friend what kind of wood he gave you.

gloria p