Old 27-08-2010, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Growing green beans

Does anybody know anything about growing green beans? We've always
raised green beans every year but this year it's been so hot.
They're
blooming but the blossoms aren't setting. People have said that if
it's too hot the blossoms won't set. It's finally cooled off. Will
we finally start getting beans or are the plants locked into a
specific growth cycle where if they're past a certain point they
won't
produce anything. They're an old fashion pole bean variety and the
vines are very healthy. There's just no beans on them. I don't know
the exact variety. The seeds came from my uncle. They're the seeds
he saved from the previous year's crop, and those came from the crop
before that. They are the best
green beans I've ever tasted. So far we've found a total of 10 beans
from 40 plants.