Old 27-08-2010, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default Fun With Skunks

On 08/27/2010 04:38 PM, Mysterious Traveler wrote:
On 08/27/2010 04:24 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I was trimming some shrubs which were rubbing against a window frame
which
needs to be painted, and I think I discovered where my local skunk
lives -
the one that scoots behind those bushes when I pull into the driveway
late
at night. There's a 12" diameter hole in the ground.

Anybody want to lay odds on the chances of that skunk getting annoyed
if I'm
clambering around its hole in the middle of the day?

Or, does anyone have several excellent recipes involving tomato juice, in
case I do NOT end up needing a bath and this paint job is done? How many
bloody marys can one person drink before the juice expires...15 cans
of it.

There was a PBS show about skunks where a woman authority on skunks,
said the best way to get rid of them is to place a Boom Box at the
enterance

The previous post got sent when computer went haywire for a moment.

It probably won't care what you do during the day as long as your
careful. I burned weeds next to a skunk hole I didn't know was
there until the fire died down, then found the skunk happily
munching dog food in the garage with a bad attitude toward me
when I walked in.

There was a PBS show about skunks where a woman authority on skunks,
said the best way to get rid of them is to place a Boom Box at the
entrance just before dusk, playing loud bass music. She said it
never fails.

I recorded the show and checked it to get the formula to breakdown
skunk stink. Tomato juice doesn't work.

In your yard, never in the house, mix
one quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
one quarter cup baking soda
one teaspoon liquid laundry detergent

Mix fresh each time because dangerous pressure can build up
in closed container.

Keep away from eyes

After five minutes rinse off

Good luck

--
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
~Winston Churchill

“Islam is the crack cocaine of religion” ~John Bodart