Old 27-08-2010, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Is it too late to buy ladybirds?

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message
Been talked into buying a ladybird house and some larvae or adults, but
should I wait until spring?

I can't see how they're not just going to bugger off 5 minutes after I've
put them in the garden, but I've promised now...

Anyone have experience of this kind of setup? Any tips for feeding, etc?

Why on earth would you want to buy ladybirds?
Here in the West Midlands over the last couple of weeks, there have been
hundreds seen, mostly on the floor, but we have had no appreciable greenfly
or whitefly this year, the ladybirds are rather larger than usual, I think
there was mostly 7 spots on the ones I stopped to check.
If I scooped them up up, how much would I get for them?
With all the rain we have had just lately they are getting a bit scarce now.