Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM

Default CO2 vs algae

In article ,
) wrote:
snip

One thing that many do not realize, adding CO2 gas from gas tanks, DIY
yeast ect, DOES NOT DISPLACE Oxygen. Many think they are dependant on
each other. In planted tanks, O2 is above 100% most of the time, so is
the CO2(all of the time). Fish/bacteria like the O2. Too much CO2 can
cause some problems but 30ppm to 20ppm works very well and has no
effect on fish, inverts, bacteria etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom,

Sorry to bud in on this thread but you have me thinking about something.
I have a DIY CO2 setup on my heavily planted 58 gallon tank and I run an
airstone on a timer opposite my lights for aeration help. Is this
helpful on a DIY CO2 setup on a tank as large as mine? Will my fish
suffer if I scrap the 'aeration help after dark' idea? Thanks for any
advice,

Scott