Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
M Walczak

Default Free Plants USA Only You pay S/H by USPS

Leigh
I see you have Lilaeopsis novae zelandiae in your tank.
I just got some the other day and it is hard to plant. any tips for success
with this plant?
"LeighMo" wrote in message
Let me know your PayPal id. I DO NOT accept credit card payments

through
PayPal.

Not interested in plants right now, but I had a question, just out of
curiosity:
I'm a little confused, why would it matter what the client pays paypal

with
as long as paypal pays you?

PayPal has two kinds of accounts, personal and merchant. The merchant

account
lets you accept credit cards, but PayPal charges a fee for each

transaction
(whether it's a credit card transaction or not). I think it's around 2%.
Basically, they have to make up what the banks charge them for processing
credit card transactions.

If you have a personal account, there are no transaction fees -- but you

can't
accept credit card payments. If someone sends you a credit card payment,
you'll get an e-mail encouraging you to upgrade your account to a merchant
account. If you don't do it, you can't get the money.

This being the case, many people keep two PayPal accounts: one merchant

and one
personal. That way, you can ask people who are paying from their checking
accounts or PayPal balances to send the money to your personal account,

where
you won't be charged fees, while still having the convenience of being

able to
accept credit cards with your merchant account if you want to.

Leigh