Old 29-08-2010, 10:30 AM
thornyrose thornyrose is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owdboggy View Post
Certainly look like plums to me. There are a lot of small wild plums in hedgerows. We have them on ours and they are very edible. Mind we also have some which are as bitter as they come. Only way to tell is to try one when they are properly ripe. they are not poisonous.
There are by the way, Bullace, Sloes and Damsons as well as Plums, all to be found growing wild.
I've tasted one and it was extremely sour and unpleasant! Thanks for your info' though.