Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Mildew on curcurbits

On 1 Sep, 20:17, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
My outdoor cucumber and courgette seem to have been almost totally wiped out
by mildew.
The butternut squash is soldiering on but is also suffering.

Is there anything I can do to save the plants?
With virtually no leaves left there is not much to power the plant into
producing more fruit or filling out what is already there.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

If it's that bad, no I would say. You need different varieties next
year.
The effective fungicides have been withdrawn. I expect they were
poisoning us all.