Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Poor year for runner beans

"Peter James" wrote in message
news:1jo7ayj.b3u8idcjm4bmN%pfjames2000@googlemail. com...
My runner beans have been awful this year. I've got two lots, one lot
in the garden and the other up in the allotment. They've both failed to
produce a decent crop.
Is this just a poor year for them?

Peter

It probably depends more on location.
I am in Cheshire, where are you ?

Just a few plants, but the freezer and our tummies are filling fast.
We have also come across a delicious green bean and tomato (also in glut
mode) soup that freezes well.

We don't do much preparation - the whole veg plot is rotovated and the
(saved)seed is buried in its usual position.
and a bit of chicken pooh pellets and water occasionally.

All this trench business is just too much hard work (:-(

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com