Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Short View Post
I need to fill a raised bed area with compost or horse manure. I can get it
in the builders bags, the big ones used for sand etc, for £45 delivered,
however B&Q do a bag of compost which is 125 litres for £6.70.

Now I dont know how much is in these big bags but wondered if I needed 2 big
bags would it be cheaper buying it from B&Q rather than the builders bag
full from the local garden shop.

My only problem is the garden centre stuff is a little on the sandy side.

Thanks folks
It's a little difficult to answer the question if you don't know how much is in the big bags ;-)

A litre is 1000cc, ie 10cm x 10cm x10cm. If you can find out the dimensions of the big bag, you can work out the comparison easily.