Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L Dan L is offline

Default Best tomato year since the Reagan administration

Doug Freyburger wrote:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

This has been the best year that I've had for tomatoes since the
1980s,

We had a flock of tomato plants and averaged under two tomatoes per
plant. Not a good year here in Chicago metro area. The herbs all did
great.

The worst year for me. It was my fault. I was so busy during the summer
for my retirement and dealing with my replacement, I neglected my garden
horribly. In my haste, I planted everything to close, little maintenance
and just left to nature. Still I have enough for eating and tasted ok.
Perhaps a third as I hoped for canning and not as tasty. The tomato horn
worms did lots of damage.
This is my first week of freedom. Next year will be great year for
gardening!

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L