Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default Onion Harvesting

Roger Tonkin wrote:
Supposedly when harvesting onions, you are supposed to pull them and
leave them on the soil for a while. I can understand the need to
ensure that they are fully dry befors storing, but why leave them on
possibly damp, vernin infested soil?

I the past, I always laid them on an ols sheet on the patio, and moved
them into the garage or greenhouse overnight. Never has an problems
doing this, just curious as to the formal method.

The same advice applies to potatoes. That makes no sense to me either.

Ian