Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default Exciting night!

Well, my lazy Thanksgiving night got a lot more exciting than I really
wanted. My son and his friends were playing downstairs where the
tanks are, when suddenly my son came running up the stairs and looked
VERY shocked. One of his friends was screwing around, and broke my
29g tank. Water was pouring out, nice big mess.

Luckily I had a 10g tank sitting right next to it with no fish in it.
So, I moved as much water as I could save, and netted out the fish
while my wife and son tried to control the flooding.

Rather than replace the 29, I'm going to be giving the fish from the
tank to a friend who has a 40g tank that's been sitting empty for a
few weeks now. Their tank only has the stock lighting over it, so I
won't be able to move all the plants, but I'm going to try a few java
ferns and anubias.

And I'm VERY thankful that it wasn't the 75g that broke!

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua