Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Water Butts and Water Meters

"kay" wrote in message

'Christina Websell[_2_ Wrote:
;899478']

I do not have a water meter and do not want one even if it halved my
bill.

I'm very pleased to hear it :-)

I've been wondering what will happen to meter charges once all the
people on low usage, currently paying more than their fair share of
water charges, move to meters.

I don't think I have particularly low usage, like a lone person with no
garden etc. It would be an advantage then to be on a water meter.
I like to water my garden if necessary, it's not a small one, and I run a
hosepipe down to my chickens huts to fill several barrels to dip from.
I'd rather pay a fixed amount to use as much as I need.