Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Peppers?

On 9 Sep, 07:15, June Hughes wrote:
In message , Arri London
writes

"alan.holmes" wrote:

Not sure which is the best newsgroup for this so you've got it in two!!

My wife has been given a green pepper, but she only likes the red and yellow
ones, is there any chance that the green one will change colour and taste by
trying to ripen it by keeping it with bananas?

Alan

It will ripen somewhat to red, not to yellow. Don't think it needs to be
with bananas to do that. We just leave them out on the counter.

That has not been my experience but you and sf are both in the USA, so
it may be that you have better weather than us.
--
June Hughes

It realy depends on how mature it was when picked, if it was close to
starting to ripen then it may well change colour, but if it was
immature then no hope.
On this topic, just, there is a new variety of green pepper coming on
the market that is green when ripe, it is sweeter than the green
peppers on the market now, watch out next year in the suppermarkets.
David Hill