Old 10-09-2010, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Dig them up and burn them?

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 01:51:25 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Jake
writes
It may not be "green" but may be better to bag it up and put it into
the "non-recyclable" skip along with general rubbish.

Try telling that to at least two people I've seen recently at the tip
putting blighted stuff on he green waste! Too late to recall it as both
times the stuff had already been dumped into the containers.

In this group, we're talking to the already converted Every visit to
my local tip leaves me in despair. Not just garden stuff but idiots
who can't tell the difference between an old vacuum cleaner and a
cardboard box!

At my local tip, idiots occasionally dump Knotweed but the chaps there
are pretty alert. We always know when we see the plume of smoke as
they thoroughly burn the contents of the skip.

I now work on the basis that any compost which has in any minor part
been sourced from amenity sites is to be avoided.

This year I grew all my bedding plants in coir - those blocks you put
in a wheelbarrow and then chuck a couple of buckets of water on. I had
to feed/water them more but I got better plants at the end of the day.