Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
DiMoll DiMoll is offline
Registered User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
gardening_nut wrote:
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had
some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and
I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last year and
took cuttings and they all died, so i have not taken cuttings this
year, will they survive until next summer?

Possibly if you can give them strong light such as in a sun-facing window.

David
Hi, when I was in Germany in the 80's I was given a pink busy lizzy cutting which all my neighbours also had. I was told to put into water and it developed roots. I took loads for cuttings and gave them to friends. These busy lizzies were pink and seemed to grow bigger than the ones that I see now in the garden centres. Does anyone know if these are a slightly different type? I did bring some back to the UK and put them into the garden and they grew like bushes, up to about 15 inches tall.

DiMoll