Old 31-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered User

Default Will Busy Lizzies survive indoors?

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last year and took cuttings and they all died, so i have not taken cuttings this year, will they survive until next summer?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

I've both brought them in and taken cuttings. The usually do quite well on
my sun porch until about March. We have long cold winters in this
area.(zone4/5) so it's really nice to have some blooming plants for as long
as possible.

--
gardening_nut

Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

gardening_nut wrote:
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had
some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and
I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last year and
took cuttings and they all died, so i have not taken cuttings this
year, will they survive until next summer?

Possibly if you can give them strong light such as in a sun-facing window.

David
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

"gardening_nut" wrote in message

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had
some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and
I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last year and took
cuttings and they all died, so i have not taken cuttings this year, will
they survive until next summer?

Nothing will live in a dark corner or if infested with teeny spider mites.
They will survive, if clean, in a sunny to partly sunny west or south
window. Cuttings root quickly in water. I rarely lose one of these plants.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
gardening_nut wrote:
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had
some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and
I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last year and
took cuttings and they all died, so i have not taken cuttings this
year, will they survive until next summer?

Possibly if you can give them strong light such as in a sun-facing window.

David
Hi, when I was in Germany in the 80's I was given a pink busy lizzy cutting which all my neighbours also had. I was told to put into water and it developed roots. I took loads for cuttings and gave them to friends. These busy lizzies were pink and seemed to grow bigger than the ones that I see now in the garden centres. Does anyone know if these are a slightly different type? I did bring some back to the UK and put them into the garden and they grew like bushes, up to about 15 inches tall.

DiMoll

[IMG] code is On

Busy Lizzies - why? Jim S United Kingdom 7 15-09-2016 09:37 AM
busy lizzies sugar1 Gardening 2 08-05-2008 09:04 PM
Advice please on yellowing Busy Lizzies? Bergamot United Kingdom 2 21-06-2007 07:05 PM
Busy Lizzies - couple of questions maxman United Kingdom 7 18-10-2005 10:17 PM
Will Hanging Baskets Survive Indoors Over 1 Year alijsyed Gardening 12 25-06-2005 03:26 PM