Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bohgosity BumaskiL Bohgosity BumaskiL is offline

Default One year on and still a brown, murky pond

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
systems.ltd.uk...
(...)
It could be that you have very few nutrients in your
water and need to add
food for the plants that you put in.

(...)
I run a fifty gallon tank. I do not use fertilizer stronger than silt from
vacuuming. I hav two eighteen inch echinodoruses. On the bottom of their pot
is silt. Above that is peat. To keep the peat in there is clay. To keep the
clay from even potentially clouding the water, which it would not, there is
sand. No soluble fertilizer is in my water. I tried that. It was not
necessary.

The guy who started this thread is suffering from a brown tide. I see
nothing to do but change the water.