Old 14-09-2010, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Endulini Endulini is offline

Default Replacement Plants for Fence

Hi,

I'm looking to replace some Leylandii that are next to a south facing fence
at the bottom of my garden. Aside from the practicalities of removing them
what would people suggest as replacements? Ideally I'm looking for something
that will grow to a reasonable height (e.g. 6-8 foot) without to much
excessive outwards growth although I would want to camoflage the fence as
well. Initial thoughts were some bamboo although I'm aware some these can be
quite rampant. Has anyone some other good suggestions?

If it's any help I'm in the East Midlands.

Cheers