Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Tony Farnam

Default Garra Pingi Pingi

AKA Pingi Logsucker... I think I paid more for mine.
My LFS owner calls this fish "The King of the Algae Eaters".
I don't really know if it's any better than the other more common, less
expensive algae eaters.
But it seems to stay busy nibbling on all types of algae, and it also stays
busy terrorizing it's tankmates.
However, I have not noticed such aggressive behavior in the crowded tanks at
my LFS.
You have probably already read this article. But just in case you haven't.
http://www.aquariacentral.com/specie...ult&ID=0413&vi
ew_records=1
This article says it has a peaceful temperament, so maybe mine just has a
bad attitude.
I will be interested to hear from others who have this fish.

"Mike K" wrote in message
Does anybody have this fish? It's quite pretty but I've never heard of it
before. And at $13.50 a piece, would like to here some views before
purchasing!

Take a look he

http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_...s.htm#AlgaeEat
ers