Old 25-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Nedra

Default Peace Lily

Thanks for the link to that List! Holy Cow... every plant I
have - both indoor and outdoor - is on that List. I do have two
cats. So, where are we on the Peace Lily?? It doesn't occupy
any prominence on the list.

I'd say just ignore the warning ... that is what I would do if
I had the Peace Lily :O)

Nedra

"sevans" wrote in message
Here is a good website to check for plants toxic to cats:

http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants.html

I would think if it is toxic to cats, it is best to keep dogs away, too?
(Just to be safe!)

Sharon

John Rutz wrote:

Sue Walsh wrote:
I agree with Jan, I grew a peace lily in my barrel garden and it did
fantastic. I just washed all the soil off the roots and put it in the
barrel and off it went.

It should be noted however, that peace lily is DEADLY TO CATS, so if
you own a cat you should not use this plant. A vet told me that there
is nothing anyone can do if a cat eats the leaves of peace lily, the
cat will die. I am very serious about this. As soon as I found this
out I removed the peace lily from my barrel garden as my cat lived in
the same area that it was located in.
Just a heads up, no cats, go for the peace lily.

P.S. It is not harmful to dogs, just cats.

Sue

interesting
there was a local news storie that lilies were poison to cats oriental
tiger and daylilies were mentioned, now peace lilies
the thing is that bothers me there are three different plants here
Lilium , Hemoracolis, and Spathiphylum

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so