Old 19-09-2010, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default two articles

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Dan L" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

The word "organic" also has
different meanings from place to place. Some places the product
"seven"
is organic, is it in your book?

What is 'seven'?
http://www.bayercropscienceus.com/pr...cides/sevin.ht
ml

Sevin is carbaryl and it's a well known nasty! How could THAT be
considered
organic????? And anyway it's is banned here in Oz according to this
article:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...-despite-fears
-i
t-can-harm-health/2007/10/21/1192940905073.html

Beneficial insect, or pest, Sevin kills them ALL.
http://www.gardentech.com/pdf/msds/S...SDS%20Nov08_.p
df

Years ago about 30 the dreaded gypsy moth appears and folks started to
get Sevin delivered by air plane. I did not sign up and I placed back
plastic trash bags on my property line. I'm a real ******* according to
many folks and my brother in law was one who thought so. A few year
goes by and then it is bacteria thuraginis (SP) as the weapon of
choice.
Meanwhile our oaks just went on and with no spraying endured the
onslaught I even read that the oaks did change the taste of their
leaves. Nature what will discover next ?
A happy ending sorry no. Now there is a blight called Oak Scorch that
is sweeping through and the bottom line is once noticed too late and no
cure. I'd guess 40 % of my forest is dead now and next year who knows.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI