Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Corncrake

Default keeping DIY CO2 going in winter

Jill Walker wrote:
I have read about using a bucket and a heater to kept your co2 warm in a
cool house. Does anyone have any other experiences or any other solutions
for this problem?

I have remote ballasts for my fluorescent lights, they get quite warm,
I have a plate of aluminium (aluminum) on top of them ( to spread
the heat) and upon that I stand my bottles. result is that when the
lights are on the yeast is warm and producing and when the lights
are off the yeast is cool. QED!

Mind you, I only use the yeast method as a suplement,
my primary source is by pressure bottle.