Old 22-09-2010, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Greg[_6_] Greg[_6_] is offline

Default Replacing bark with turf

Hello, new to this group,had a quick peak at the faq and found loads of good
advice.

I want to lay an area of approx 64sq of turf on a previously wood barked
back garden . After shifting all the bark I am left with a very heavy clayey
foundation,now I read in the faq I will need to dig in plenty of sharp
sand,but my question is can the well used bark be dug back in also along
with a few bags of multi purpose compost ?

My location is in east yorkshire, thanks in advance.

Greg