Old 23-09-2010, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Mulch containers.

"DogDiesel" wrote in message
Hello,

I mowed yesterday using my bag on the mower . Because leaves are falling.
. And got two contractor bags full of leaves and grass. Think 55 gallon
barrel bag size. Can I leave them in the bags and put them on the garden
next spring. Or do I have to make a mulch container. I think I can get 4
bags of grass when I mow. I was thinking of tying 4 pallets together if
I have to make a container.

Can you buy hay where you live? If you can, 4 bales of hay set with just
each corner touching each other will be a great place to put this mix. By
next Spring you'll have the mulch you mowed and mulch from the bales which
will have turned quietly to a good mulching material. And they age to a
nice grey unlike man made objects in the garden.

OOOHHHH !!! awesome. I was going to buy Hay for spring anyways. Thank
You.

Diesel.