Old 23-09-2010, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Mulch containers.

DogDiesel wrote:
Hello,

I mowed yesterday using my bag on the mower . Because leaves are
falling. . And got two contractor bags full of leaves and grass.
Think 55 gallon barrel bag size. Can I leave them in the bags and put
them on the garden next spring. Or do I have to make a mulch
container. I think I can get 4 bags of grass when I mow. I was
thinking of tying 4 pallets together if I have to make a container.

I used the 4 pallet bins for years. One nice thing is that you can just remove
the front pallet to turn the compost or empty the bin. The pallets will
decompose after a few years and need to be replaced, which is not a big deal
because they are always available free, although disposing of the remains may be
a hassle.

All you have to do is tie the top corners together. The bottoms stay put, in my
experience.