Old 23-09-2010, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Mulch containers.

"DogDiesel" wrote in message
u...
"DogDiesel" wrote in message
"DogDiesel" wrote in message

I mowed yesterday using my bag on the mower . Because leaves are
falling. . And got two contractor bags full of leaves and grass. Think
55 gallon barrel bag size. Can I leave them in the bags and put them
on the garden next spring. Or do I have to make a mulch container. I
think I can get 4 bags of grass when I mow. I was thinking of tying
4 pallets together if I have to make a container.

Can you buy hay where you live? If you can, 4 bales of hay set with
just each corner touching each other will be a great place to put this
mix. By next Spring you'll have the mulch you mowed and mulch from the
bales which will have turned quietly to a good mulching material. And
they age to a nice grey unlike man made objects in the garden.

OOOHHHH !!! awesome. I was going to buy Hay for spring anyways.
Thank You.

:-)) Glad to be of help. I've been spreading some of my well aged bales
of hay today - nicely matured with lots of worms in the section sitting
on the ground.

I thought the grey on hay was mold . Is that ok?

Mould could be grey but unlikely. When I say that it ages to grey, I mean
that the exterior of the bale goes the colour of old untreated wood. It's
never happened, in my experience, that this grey outer surface will be
mould. But if you suspect it is, wear a mask when you spread it so you
dont' inhale the spores.