Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Malcom

Default lighting survey: 36" bulbs

"rm-rf" wrote in message ...
Greetings!

Does anyone use full spectrum 36" T-8 bulbs? Would you mind looking at the
serial number at the ends for me? I'm having a devil of a time finding 36"
T-8 bulbs in anything but "cool white." I can order them from a local
electrical supply store cheaper than special ordering them from the local
pet store. Any other suggestions for bulbs of this length and type are
welcome!

blue skies!
-Jess

Look for 5000-5500K for 'neutral white' which 'replicates the
sunlight'. Cool white usually refers to 4500K which is more yellow
than white though the 5000K are still somewhat yellow - unsure how
good 5500K look but I expect better than 5000K going from 4500 to
5000.

5000K Neutral White:
NEC 30W
LIFE LOOK N-HG T8