Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM

Default lighting survey: 36" bulbs

In article gers.com,
"Haywire" wrote:

Try this site for the links to GE and Sylvania, then see if you can get
the supplied to get one or two from the sales rep.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/

I went that route when I built my compact fl. for the 27G cost me $50
CDN.

"rm-rf" wrote in message
Greetings!

Does anyone use full spectrum 36" T-8 bulbs? Would you mind looking at
the serial number at the ends for me? I'm having a devil of a time
finding 36" T-8 bulbs in anything but "cool white." I can order them
from a local electrical supply store cheaper than special ordering them
from the local pet store. Any other suggestions for bulbs of this
length and type are welcome!

blue skies!
-Jess

WOW! what a great breakdown on bulbs! Thanks Mr. Nguyen! I guess it was a
mistake to buy a T-8 ballast for this tank. 36 inch bulbs are very
difficult to find in this size, but a little easier to find in T-12.

Something interesting I found-- Sylvania's site (www.sylvania.com) has
spectral graphs, you have to look very hard, but on their product spec
page, there is a link for "Product Documents, Graphs, and Images" You will
find a "Spectral Power Distribution Curve" link.

Lesson learned for this project: When building one's own fixture, find the
bulbs you want, and build around them!

blue skies,
-Jess