Old 27-09-2010, 04:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Controlling/eliniminating nimblewill

You can get a wick wiper to apply the glyphosate that will do the
same selective application and not require bending or using up
gloves.

David.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've never heard of a wick wiper, where
do you get such a thing?

Its a long tubular tank with a handle at one end and a thick
rope-like wick loop at the other. You can walk around and dab the
wick on to whatever you like at ground level or above. I got one
from a hardware store that had a garden section. You could make one
without a lot of trouble.

David- Hide quoted text -

I went to two local garden-type stores, neither had heard of a tool to
dispense weed killer onto a wick or any other type of dispenser.
Before I try to build one, I thought I would try to buy one. Do you
have a brand name, or maybe some other name by which it would be
known?

I had one that was Yates Zero Weed Wand but that is in Oz so you may not
have it.

David