Old 27-09-2010, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Japanese knotweed

In message , kathy19
writes

I'm trying to obtain some Japanese knotweed. I'd need a cutting of the
rhizomes. Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain this plant? I
live near Cambridge and would like to pick up some locally.
Thanks

Japanese knotweed (Fallopia japonica) is one of the more problematical
invasive plants in the UK, and "it is an offence to plant, or otherwise
cause to grow, the species in the wild". Soil containing its rhizomes is
also considered "controlled waste", and must be disposed in restricted
fashion.

Because of this is it rarely available for sale.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley