Old 28-09-2010, 07:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Japanese knotweed

In message
,
Chris writes
On Sep 27, 12:41*pm, Owdboggy
wrote:
kathy19;901417 Wrote:

I'm trying to obtain some Japanese knotweed. I'd need a cutting of the
rhizomes. Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain this plant? I
live near Cambridge and would like to pick up some locally.
Thanks

You do know that it is actually illegal to plant this stuff?

--
Owdboggy

If it is that pervasive, it should be easy to find a wild plant and
take whatever you want from it.

Chris

It is also illegal to dig it up plants without the consent of the
landowner. So you not only have to find a wild plant (you have to find
the landowner as well). In the case of Fallopia japonica you also have
to avoid spreading the plant around in the process.

Also, it is relatively scarce in the Cambridge region, compared to the
rest of the country.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley