Old 29-09-2010, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default New Garden equipment for your use

In article , Brooklyn1
wrote:

: Newbie wrote:
:
: Not really sure what makes sense in the long run for a 1000 sqft lawn.
: I looked at the soil and it seemed quite compactified. Lots of brown
: areas, although thatch is not too thick.
:
: 1,000 sf isn't really a lawn, that's a small grassy patch.... my ranch
: house with two car attached garage is nearly 3,000 sf, my veggie
: garden is 2,500 sf, I mow 10 acres of lawn every week To be perfectly
: honest were it me I would most definitely hire a weekly lawn
: service.... why bother with all the investment in tools and equipment,
: storage, maintenence, and worry your brain over this when for less
: money and zero stress you don't need to do much of anything but
: water... and for that dwarfish patch (that I can water by urinating)
: I'd install an automatic sprinkler...

For something I don't enjoy, eg, house cleaning or snow shoveling, I do
hire help. OTOH, garden/lawn I enjoy and am trying to learn to do
myself. I don't mind collecting properly chosen equipment that would be
useful in the long run.

Watering is not an issue.