Old 30-09-2010, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Overwintering mini roses?

We had a few in a garden - edge of the Butterfly bed. THey lasted several
years, but a hard freeze got them and another rose. We don't - and should have
wrapped them up in blankets or other materials over the winter. Remember
they are hot house / green house for the winter as they were grown.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/29/2010 10:35 AM, princewest13 wrote:
I just got a potted miniature rose as a gift and am wondering if this is
something I could plant outdoors. I will probably try anyway over the
summer but wanted to know if you have any tips to help better it's
chances of survival.