Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
kush

Default need help identifying invasive floating planting

If I had to guess (and I don't; I just can't help myself), I'd say it looks
as much like Riccia fluitans as anything else I'm familiar with. It's kind
of hard to tell looking at it through the surface, though. If it is Riccia,
you can probably find someone who wants to buy it pretty easily.

kush

Truong wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Hi,

Some months ago, I added some new plants to my tank. Unfortunately, there
seems to have been an unexpected hitchhiker. I've attached some links to
pictures of this floating weed. Each 'unit' of the plant is about 1-2cm

in
diameter.

http://members.rogers.com/asonthebadone/plant1.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/asonthebadone/plant2.jpg

Anybody know what kind of plants these are? And if so, are there any
effective methods that I can control it with? (Other than physical

removal,
which doesn't seem to work all that well).

Thanks in advance,

Truong