Old 30-09-2010, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Psylla infestation

Mozie wrote:
My lemon tree has a bad infestation of psylla. Can anyone give me tips
on how to treat the tree? Perhaps a recipe for an organic pesticide.
HELP, please

Thanks

You will get more hits if you google for 'psyllids' instead of 'psylla'

try this:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nrenin...F000BBDFB?open

or

http://tinyurl.com/2dbl675

If thinking of spraying, pyrethrum is relatively low toxicity and acceptable
by most organic standards if extracted from plants. How this is OK but the
same compounds made in a vat are not acceptable beats me but that's organic
standards for you.

Note that it is still an insecticide so you should be careful not to spray
beneficial insects such as bees.

David