Old 30-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Mozie's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Default Psylla infestation

My lemon tree has a bad infestation of psylla. Can anyone give me tips on how to treat the tree? Perhaps a recipe for an organic pesticide. HELP, please

Thanks
Old 30-09-2010, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Mozie wrote:
My lemon tree has a bad infestation of psylla. Can anyone give me tips
on how to treat the tree? Perhaps a recipe for an organic pesticide.
HELP, please

Thanks

You will get more hits if you google for 'psyllids' instead of 'psylla'

try this:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nrenin...F000BBDFB?open

or

http://tinyurl.com/2dbl675

If thinking of spraying, pyrethrum is relatively low toxicity and acceptable
by most organic standards if extracted from plants. How this is OK but the
same compounds made in a vat are not acceptable beats me but that's organic
standards for you.

Note that it is still an insecticide so you should be careful not to spray
beneficial insects such as bees.

David

Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

tips on how to treat the tree?

spray 2x year around April/August when infestations are at peak with
your product of choice.

If you are unfamiliar with some of the control products here is a
quick guide

http://www.ct.gov/caes/cwp/view.asp?a=2823&q=377508

Dig into info listed below for various products and further reference
leads. Viable Control products/methods are sometimes buried deep in
the documents:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/in668

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...-tx-ea2009.pdf
or
http://tinyurl.com/25d428v

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...greening.shtml
or
http://tinyurl.com/2dp3a39

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...rol2.09.09.pdf
or
http://tinyurl.com/28kcucd

David is correct Psylla & Psyllid but also try googling Citrus
Greening Disease.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Mozie's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Many thanks

Conifer aphid massive infestation Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 9 26-04-2003 10:33 PM
ant infestation Lee & Deb Miles Bonsai 2 26-03-2003 01:56 AM
[IBC] ant infestation Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 25-03-2003 05:20 PM
What Insect infestation do I have Hamish United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 01:32 PM
Tomato infestation Polar Edible Gardening 3 20-02-2003 08:03 PM