Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Carrots

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

I have not found a barrier works much. Used to grow them surrounded by
a wooden box structure 2 scaffold boards high and that didn't stop
them. Then we grew in an old large water tank with sides nearly 3 ft
above ground and they still got the carrots. This year only one carrot
has shown any sign of root fly so I think it must have been something
else that has done the job, possibly last winter or the dry spring.
Welcome though.

Looks like I have been celebrating success a bit premeturely if carrot fly
have had a bad year and nobody seems to have any damage.
Been battling the fly for a few years now and this year is my first
worthwhile harvest.

Baz