Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default End of garden post

In article ,
se (JustTom) wrote:

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 20:45:13 -0400, "songbird"
wrote:

what eats them?

Not much of anything. They are a Chinese import that doesn't have
seem to have any natural predators here and they are thriving.

None of my chickens will touch them.

I raise Muscovy ducks, and they seem to eat them from time to time,
but don't actively pursue them.

I've heard guineas will eat them, but don't have any to verify.

I had the poor taste to find a log home charming. Unfortunately, so
do stink bugs and the endless cracks and crevices are a haven for
them.

They seem to like light. The light fixtures in my one room vent to the
attic. Once had hornets enter the same way these guys atleast don't
sting and move slow.

Been leaving the ceiling lights off.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden