Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 PM
jnb jnb is offline
Registered User

Default Starting a hedge trimmer?

'cos it won't ;-(

I bought a new hedge trimmer a couple of weeks ago, since when it has of course tipped it down. Now it's dry enough to use the thing I can of course not get it started.

When I bought it the salesman gave it a guick once over and checked it worked which it does, or at least did. Today I try to start it and I have the engine switch in the on position, the choke closed, fuel primed and it does nothing. Pulling the plug out I can see a spark and smell fuel so what might I be missing.

This is a hayter ht230s if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?