Old 09-10-2010, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Starting a hedge trimmer?

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:08:24 +0000, jnb
wrote:

'cos it won't ;-(

I bought a new hedge trimmer a couple of weeks ago, since when it has of
course tipped it down. Now it's dry enough to use the thing I can of
course not get it started.

When I bought it the salesman gave it a guick once over and checked it
worked which it does, or at least did. Today I try to start it and I
have the engine switch in the on position, the choke closed, fuel primed
and it does nothing. Pulling the plug out I can see a spark and smell
fuel so what might I be missing.

This is a hayter ht230s if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

You're supposed to start a cold engine with the choke *open*. And
make sure to use fresh fuel.

Inline fuel filter or carb filter could be defective or clogged.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI