Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Starting a hedge trimmer?

"jnb" wrote in message

I bought a new hedge trimmer a couple of weeks ago, since when it has of
course tipped it down. Now it's dry enough to use the thing I can of
course not get it started.

When I bought it the salesman gave it a guick once over and checked it
worked which it does, or at least did. Today I try to start it and I
have the engine switch in the on position, the choke closed, fuel primed
and it does nothing. Pulling the plug out I can see a spark and smell
fuel so what might I be missing.

Of course it depends where you live . . .
In N.America you would probably take this item back to the store
where eiither you would get a free lesson in starting the engine or,
if the staff could not start it, a defective unit would be replaced.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs