Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Black Currants

vsop wrote:
Some months ago we read somewhere that a new variety of blackcurrant had
been introduced which (for the first time) was so sweet it could be
eaten straight from the bush and was not like the usual acrid culinary
types.

Does anyone know the name and source of supply ?

Dunno, but I often eat blackcurrants straight from the bush. TAAAW,
carefully topped and tailed they are scrumptious fresh, with double cream...

Now try this: lightly-cook blackcurrants, using only enough water to
prevent catching on the bottom of the pan, and while this is taking
place, put half a pint of double cream into the food-procssor and
whip-up with two tablespoons of a good dark rum.

Cover fruit while still hot.

Observant Urglers will notice the absence of sugar.

--
Rusty