Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Djay

Default Where to get a good electronic ballast for 3/4 Fluorescents?

I have two workhorse 7 ballasts from Fulham. They work very well. I've got
them lighting 3 T12-40s each. They are long and skinny... makes them kind
of awkward to mount (for me anyway since I mounted them on the back of my
DIY hood). If you go with these, be sure to get the power to both pins and
the ground to both pins. Otherwise you'll have VERY premature bulb burnout.
The 240 watts over my 70 gal are very bright and keep my plants growing like
mad!

Djay

"X-Addict" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi all.. I picked out a ballast I think will work for my application
(my tank is 50G and won't be highly planted -- just medium at best).

Anyway, I need to get rid of my temporary lighting that I'm using
now as it is providing insufficient light. Anyway, the ballast I
picked out isn't available at my local HD or Lowes -- these guys
almost exclusively carry magnetic ballasts.. Sheesh.. Anyway, do you
guys get them at your local electrical supply house or somewhere
else?

Also, I picked a ballast made by Sylvania, but it won't work with
more than (T12 F40) 3 lamps. Are there other manufacturers that
make ballasts that could be made to work with 4 lamps?

Thanks!

X-addict