Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Allotments - committee question

On 12/10/2010 12:19, mogga wrote:
If a site had 9 plots how many committee members would you expect a
group to have, or to be quorum etc?

I'd be inclined to allow one representive on the committee for each plot
that wants to have one. You will have to have something like a chairman,
secretary and treasurer out of them. Quorate at 4 I suppose, but you
might want to think about that if there is a risk of cliques forcing
organic only growing, red painted sheds or some other passing fad.

A committee with more than 12 becomes unwieldly and wastes time and
allowing for peoples availability any less than 6 you have problems
finding volunteers to help do the general maintenance etc.

One seat per plot is pretty reasonable if there are nine plots - that
way no one need feel excluded. Is there a shed on site big enough?

(Been looking at group consitutions and they all seem to be for big
sites with over 24 plots to have at least 9 members)

(And we're talking about a new potential site here!!!)

Regards,
Martin Brown