Old 12-10-2010, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Off Topic pondering yet again.

In article ,
daviddwilson wrote:

phorbin;902475 Wrote:
In article a21f2dce-3958-40f9-b544-df3897e51c79
@c16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com, says...
-

Here is what I can't figure out.......................How is it that
America has the highest rate of obesity and the highest rate of hunger
at the same time?
-

You pose the question in a way that suggests you know the answer.

I will agree with you that obesity is not a sloth issue. It is a
strong
desire to eat! Does hormones have an effect on weight, I would say
yes,
However, the food industry has also made the foods tastier and more
convenient and tastier also tends towards high salt, sweet and high

------

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/a...dex.xml?sectio
n=topstories

A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn
syrup prompts considerably more weight gain

Posted March 22, 2010; 10:00 a.m.

by Hilary Parker
A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all
sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access
to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those
with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was
the same.*
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude