Old 14-10-2010, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default "Hardening off" potato eyes

Higgs Boson wrote:

I have never used purchased seed potatoes.
Thanks for help.

It may be a marketing ploy but I've always heard that
grocery store potatoes are treated to delay or prevent
sprouting. therefore it was a good idea to buy untreated
seed potatoes for planting since you want the "eyes" to
sprout vigorously.

As I said, it may be just an old wives' tale or a
marketing thing. Of course if you are planting your
own potatoes from the previous crop, no problem.

gloria p