Old 15-10-2010, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Squirrels

Had the tree guys come round today to trim the one in the front
garden, call it the Ivy tree because it is absolutely covered in Ivy but
I leave it that way for the birds to nest in & overwinter, very popular
tree for the birds.
Anyhow they knocked on the door halfway through the operation to tell me
that they had found a Squirrels nest in there with 4 yelps in? presume
he meant young, told them to leave them alone & work around them.
I was amazed that at this time of year Squirrels should be raising
young, is this normal?

I usually get squirrels nesting in the tree's in the back garden but
in the spring, & I don't need anybody to mention tree rats & are better
dead.
I have a green garden & no I enjoy meat so not a veggie, just use a bit
of logic for the visitors, Badgers, Foxes, Wood Pigeons, Muntjac,
Squirrels, Doves, mice & the odd feral cat - easy solution - feed them
so they have no interest in destroying the plants.
Just amazed that Squirrels should raise young so late in the year.

Barry

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"