Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Ed

Default aquarium water for houseplants?

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:17:54 +0100, "wiggywacker"
wrote:

Do you think there's any benefit in using the aquarium water that we remove
for water changes for houseplants? Me thinks it has more nutritional value
than tap water.......

anyone do that?

Yes and it works great! In fact I normally add Seachem's Flourish
when watering my houseplants.

Another interesting story albeit somewhat off topic:

I have an old olive tree in my front yard. Last summer it was
suffering from some sort of diasease or nutrient deficiency - it was
slowly dying and it was covered with ants and scaley bugs. The poor
tree was on it's way out after lord knows how many years.

So I figured "What have I got to loose?" Every week for about 6 or 7
weeks I mixed up a 2 gallon sprinkler can with four or five good shots
- approx 40 - 60 ml of Flourish - and watered all around the roots.
Low and behold my tree is back and kicking! I'm guessing that there
was some sort of deficiency in the soil. Now the scaley bugs are gone
and no more ants....the treee is once again able to defend itself!!!!
And has been prunned twice since it's illness!!

Thanks you Seachem, Thank you Flourish!

Now back to your normally scheduled programming....

Regards,

Ed